Friday, March 23, 2012

Layering Fun - China Glaze Smoke and Ashes & Cover Girl Ice Slicks in Anti-Freeze

Happy Hunger Games weekend!

I know every who doesn't live under a rock is as excited to see this movie as I am! I'm getting old though, and since this weekend is dedicated to buying a new car, Jeffrey and I are going to see it probably going to see it Sunday during the day. If I can wait that long...... Oh the insanity! 

Anyhoo, I know I've been neglecting my beloved vintage polishes, but with all these amazing colors from The Capitol collection, laying with vintage glitters will have to work for now! Tomorrow, I'll make up for it with a double vintage post! As for today, I have Smoke and Ashes to share. Since it's the polish for District 12, I knew it would be a great color to post for The Hunger Games opening day! I knew I had to have this polish when I first saw swatches popping up, and I am so glad I did. Not only is Smoke and Ashes a black-based polish with glass flecks, but they shift beautifully from green to blue! (You can definitely see in the bottle in the pics) Formula was smooth - this is three coats so I could get the smoothness just right.



How do you make a gorgeous glass flecked polish even more gorgeous? Add a fantastic vintage glitter like Cover Girl Ice Slicks Anti-Freeze of course! I love the bright iridescence that this polish adds to Smoke and Ashes - it adds an almost mystical feel to it. This is one coat. :) Amazing, right? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cover Girl Ice Slicks glitter SO MUCH.




May the odds be ever in your favor! :)


6 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love antifreeze layered over this!!! I love antifreeze layered over anything, really, it's one of my fave nail slicks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Ice Slicks are perfection for layering!

      Delete
  2. Love your pictures of Smoke and Ashes-- I feel like it's been hard for a lot of bloggers to capture this color and you did an awesome job. Love the addition of the Ice Slicks-- I kind of wish the polish actually looked like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooooo sweet of you to say! Thank you soooo much!!! <3

      Delete
  3. Awwww thanks so much dolls!!!!! I'm having so much fun layering vintage glitters over the Capitol colors!!

    ReplyDelete